The Capreol Peace Park is a reclamation project situated across from the CN Station. Built in the 1920′s, the Capreol Hotel was quite a gracious building in a growing railway town. It burnt down in2003 and was then torn down. Leaving a weed-strewn parking lot.
Financed by the Greater City of Sudbury, the land was graded, new soil and gravel was brought in, trees and shrubs added to make an eco-friendly green space.
Many Capreol residents have donated plants, bird houses, benches and arbors to complete the park. It has been named in memory of all our men and women who served our country in war and peace.